HELP’s treatment method and approach is very different from tutoring and remediation in reading, math and other studies.
The failure to learn effectively is often a symptom of underdeveloped processing, resulting in difficulty storing and retrieving information. No amount of tutoring or extra parental help can remedy these weaknesses but only adds to the frustration of all.
HELP tests and evaluates an individual’s information processing abilities and identifies the cognitive functions that are slow or immature. These weaknesses can interfere with a clear picture of meaning, cause and effect reasoning, and can result in poor judgment and fear of failure. The test results can reveal the reasons behind the individual’s learning, memory, and judgment difficulties. Steps can then be taken to correct them at the source.
A Drug Free One-On-One Program Available Year Round
An Alternate Approach…
The Brain Power Program is custom designed for each individual based on their MAP results and consists of:
- 24 private weekly sessions with a HELP instructor
- 1 hour a day for 5 days a week of at home training
- auditory and visual memory strengthening exercises
- gross motor and fine motor skill development
- cognitive activities that are paired with physical exercises
- left brain-right brain balancing tasks
- progressively challenging multitasking activities
- activities that require judgment and cause and effect thinking
For long distance students, we create an individual program working with your HELP coordinator via one-on-one video conferencing sessions.
Typical results after 24 weeks of daily sessions often include improvements in:
- Auditory & Visual Memory
- Time management
- Spatial awareness
- Physical coordination and balance
- Collecting, processing and retrieving information
- Following written and spoken instructions
- Screening out distractions
- Appropriate social interactions
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Cause and effect discrimination